Midsummer is an ancient summer holiday, the most important holiday of the year (next to Christmas Eve, of course). There are a lot of traditions connected to Midsummer you should definitely follow – that way you can create happiness and abundance into your life.
So here a short list of activities that you might want to try tonight:
* Do not work – all the works are forbidden today!
* Go to cemetery and visit deceased relatives’ graves. Take care of the graves, ignite new candles.
* Decorate your rooms with the birch trees.
* Cut the branches from the birch trees and make a sauna hank from those.
* Go to sauna.
* Light a Midsummer bonfire.
* Have a party, sing and dance.
* Make sure that elderly would also come to the party – this is a party for everyone without age limits.
* Jump over the fire.
* Decorate your cows with the flower wreaths.
* Lead your animals to walk around the fire.
* Walk through the smoke.
* Swing on the big swing.
* Take a ride on a boat and light up a torch or candles on the water – reflection of the light on dark water looks so romantic.
* Go to a search for a fern blossom – alone, in the woods and don’t pay any attention to the strange voices you might hear or strange creatures you may see. If you find the fern blossom, then take it out f the woods immediately.
* Pick a blossoms form the nine different flowers, make a bouquet and put it under your pillow. If you dream about somebody that night, this person will be your future spouse.
* Take a birch tree under the window of the girl you have a crush on.
* Stay up all night.
* Let your children stay up all night.